Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chillin' with Sarah Baracuda

So, I'm sitting in the Houston Jr. High gym watching the 3rd and 4th place guys game at the end of season basketball tournament. In walks Sarah Palin to watch her daughter Willow who is playing next in the girls championship game on Wasilla's team. She, Bristol, and Trig tromp up the bleachers ten feet away from me as any family would do coming to see their beloved player...

Jen and I had been hanging out talking all weekend. She is the cheerleading coach for ACS. We decided to go up and ask if we could take our picture with Sarah. Before we left Jen made sure that I would do all the talking and she could just tag behind. OK no problem.

As Jen is taking the picture, she is thinking, "Wow, this is really far back... where is the zoom... Oh no! I've been holding this up for way to long! Hurry and take the picture!"

I take hers and Sarahs.

I start telling Sarah, "I don't know how you run a campaign, take care of five kids, etc... It is hard enough just being a mom and a coach." Sarah, "Oh, you coach". Me, "Yeah, I coach the ACS girls. You guys [Wasilla] whupped up on us the other day at our place." Jen is thinking, "I coach too. I'm the Cheerleaders coach. Oh no, she probably thinks I am just a Jr. Higher tagging along with Lucy..."

She asked me about living in Alaska and playing ball. I mentioned I played in college too. Jen is thinking, "Oh I don't want to talk about that." [She started making the bucks shortly after high school doing hair, and she is fabulous!] Jen, "I could tell her I do hair and she has great hair..."

Sarah, "Where did you go to school?" Me, "Uuuuuuhhhhhhh..." I blanked! Jen is thinking, "Oh no Lucy doesn't know what she is saying! Maybe I can help her out. Where DID she go to school?" FINALLY I manage to remember and speak, "Christian Heritage College" Ha ha ha.... Can we say Starstruck. I got distracted looking right at her face and blanked. Ha ha ha. We chatted for just a bit more and then went back to our seats, only to analyze everything I had said, everything Jen was thinking, and what we should have said.... We are such dorks! ha ha ha. What a fun time:)

She is so down to earth and I wish I would of thought of more stuff to talk to her about, but after forgetting where I went to school I quickly retreated:) ha ha ha.
The Jr. High boys won the Tournament and were undefeated this season. I am not sure if we were 5th, 6th or 7th. We won one lost one, but would have had to play another one to see which place we were in, and the tournament didn't incorporate that game...
At Pizza Hut after the games.

2 comments:

Jay DePoy said...

I hear you can see Russia from the top row of the bleachers at Houston Jr. High gymnasium...

Anonymous said...

Lucy you are so funny. I probably just would have wanted to hold Trig. That kid is so cute. But if Piper were there I would have wanted my picture with her. She's the star of the family. :)