Jackson Lloyd Matthew was born June 26, 2009.
Grabbing my finger right after he was born... AWE!:) His head was 35.5 cm.
Daddy and Mommy couldn't be happier. Good job us!
He weighed 8 pounds. He looks like Mommy and Uncle Shaun. It's funny how the same two people can have such different looking kids. After having Kate with all her TONS of dark hair and looking just like Daddy, I had to get used to him not looking like her. He is of course completely beautiful and adorable just like she was though:)
Son... Daddy loves.
My little man.
Big sister coming to see her little bro for the first time... She wasn't to sure about it at first and didn't really want much to do with Mommy or Jack, but by evening...
...She loves him! She wants to hold him, look at him, hug him, kiss him... and don't even try and take him away from her.
Some may think I am crazy and some completely agree, but I LOVE staying in the hospital after I have the baby! All I have to do is recover, and be with my baby, and see visitors... SO FUN! And the nurses treat you like a queen and the food's not bad and... its wonderful!:) On the hospital note, I love HAVING the baby in the hospital too on account of something called an epidural. I'll have that please. This time I was especially blessed with an awesome view outside my window in my recovery room. I could see my visitors coming, and it was so beautiful. Didn't watch much TV in there.
Jack
So stinkin' CUTE!
Size. He was 20.5 inches long.
His going home outfit... So tiny...
Grandma is tickled pink!
Grandpa spoiling him already!
Showing him off to Bro. Uncle Shaun approves:) I love this picture of when Shaun first got there to see us, of course he held Jack right after. I was glad we had Jack just in time for Shaun to see him before he left comercial fishing for a month.
Aunt Jaime wants to hold him forever because he looks just like Uncle Shaun:) Hmmm... Someone might be getting just a taste of the baby bug!:)
Kate loves her brother:)
She had lots of fun playing at the hospital. She climbed into the bassinet all on her own from the bed!
Fascination and excitement when he would make any sound or movement...
Loves...
Playing on the hospital bed. She liked pushing the buttons:)
Just being silly with her Daddy. Kate and Daddy spent alot of time together while I was at the hospital. Patrick stayed home with her at night so she wouldn't feel abandoned, and I wouldn't feel guilty:) The first time she saw us in the hospital Patrick left to do something and she cried to go with him and didn't want to stay with me... That was a first. I dealt OK with it. Just a little sentimental...
We had presents for her when she would come to visit. One of them was this tea set which she LOVES. Warming up to Mommy again. She was a little stand-offish for a little bit but she came back around, and I'm not heart broken:)
My boys
Going home as FOUR.
2 comments:
So happy for you guys! Jackson is adorable. You have a cute family. Miss you.
"I hope he doesn't turn out to be as big of a dissapointment as his dad is."
(before you think I'm cruel, this is a quote from Patrick to my voicemail!)
Post a Comment