Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee Anyone?

I was changing Jack in the other room. Things were too quiet. "Kaaate what are you doing?" She happily prances in with childish innocence, gleefully declaring, "Dreek coffee". She had climbed a chair up to the counter to reach my unsuspecting mug of coffee. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this house:) Hopefully that doesn't mess up her nap time:) Its nice that she is still at the age where she completely rats herself out when asked. I'm not sure if she knew she wasn't supposed to drink it and was just being freakin' ADORABLE in order to get away with it. I think she knows she isn't supposed to drink Mommy's coffee. She's very clever, and managed to escape from that one NOT getting into trouble. Yes. Mom is a SUCKER.

Yesterday, I think she told me her first lie. I asked her if she pottied. She said she already went. I couldn't tell if she was saying "wet" or "weNt". She kept saying no to "wet" and agreeing when I asked her about "weNt". So, pretty sure she was saying that she already "weNt". Uh, and she still had ON all of her clothes, those being her zip up sleeper pajamas, perfectly in tact. She can't get them back on by herself. She DID NOT go to the bathroom. I got her to go and explained that that was a lie and that we only say the truth. Humored at her attempt and her childishness. Even in her depravity she is sooooo adorable!:)

What a picture of how the LORD feels about His children. He is never surprised by our antics or our sinfulness. Even in our depravity, He loves us unconditionally and offers grace and forgiveness through Jesus, though we don't deserve it. AND He even delights in us, whilst at the same time not condoning our sin! How deep and wide is His love. How wonderful of Him to give us that picture that we might understand and know Him better.

2 comments:

Desertson said...

Startin'em out young aren't ya? My Kate and Chelsey try an sneak a sip once in a while too.

Michelle's Day said...

great post, Lucy!!!! your last paragraph is exactly what we talked about in church tonight!