Friday, February 29, 2008

Caught red thumbed...

Kate and I were at my Mom's helping her get her house decorated scince she moved to the other side, and Mom caught her doing this...

Entertaining herself. So sweet and innocent...

Notice the red thumb...

We wanted to take pictures, so we tried to pull her sleeve up to get a better view of the thumb sucking. Apparently, she didn't want to be bothered.

Annnnnnnd now she's fine...

Oh the sweet comfort of hands in the mouth! What a doll.

As cute as sucking her thumb is, we are not encouraging it. Take the cute pictures and get it out! I try to replace it with a pacifier sometimes, but she doesn't really get the pacifier suck thing. She just chews on it while smiling and drooling at the same time. Once in a while she will suck a little... She just didn't really take to it... which I am kinda bumbed about cuz I bought all these CUTE pacifiers for her! Oh well, guess its one thing I won't have to wean her from later. I also put socks on the hands at night to keep them warm when she pulls them out of her "straight jacket" swaddle and to keep her from sucking her thumb.

2 comments:

Mexskimo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mexskimo said...

Awww... :)
She looks like she's starting to fill out a little. Not quite the string bean she was at Christmas (at least in these pics)