Monday, July 21, 2008

Punk Rock Show!!!

"We aint got no place to go! Lets go to the punk rock show! Darling take me by the hand! Were gonna see a punk rock band! Waoooo waooo..."

We love MXPX!

AND they finally came to Alaska! This is us just before we left to the concert.
They are a punk rock band that hails from Bremerton Washington. They have been together for 16 years, 13 of which Patrick has been a fan. I am a baby fan, since he introduced me to them when we were dating about 4 years ago...... Can I just say that my taste in music was pretty dismal before I met my Hubs. Although I didn't know it at the time:)


They ROCK! I love their sound! Also, they are Christians so their lyrics are good and clean and fun...
Mike on bass and lead singer...
This is my second time, Hubs third time, seeing them in concert... See them in the distance performing under the tent? See everyone rushed up at the front? See the moshers to my right? See me standing AWAY from all the crazies, and notice I am NOT body surfing?
Tom on guitar and back up vocals...
Uri on the drums...
These are our feet, notice they are on the ground. Yeah, so we love MXPX but we're kinda lame concert goers (Ok, Hubs isn't but I am:))... We jump up and down a little on some songs, but then I start to feel silly and stop:) I just can't let go... maybe I should just rock out to them in my car and save our money... Naaaa:)
After the concert we got to meet them and they signed my MXPX t-shirt that I got the last time I saw them at House of Blues in Anaheim, CA. It was cool:)
After the concert Hubs and I went to Carrs and got some ice-cream and sat in the parking lot, eating and chillin' like a couple of highschoolers... or jr. highers?
What a fun night!!!! Shout out to MXPX!!!!
Disclaimer: For those of you who know whats up, we had the under 21 bracelets on...

No comments: