My friend Sara invited us to a "Trunk or Treat" event at a church on St. Simons Island, and she offered to let Kate use her daughter Taylor's Bee costume from last year. So we happily accepted. I went and got way too much candy, a basket for Kate to put her loot in, and some accessories to make little bee antennas for Jack and I. I was the Queen Bee with my little swarm.
This is Kate and Taylor, her first little girl friend. They are so adorable! I love watching them trot around hand in hand, or hearing them shriek and giggle with glee as they play. DELIGHTFUL!:)
She wasn't sure what to think about it all at first, just soaking it all in...
After their first trunk stop. Oh yeah, so Trunk or Treat is where people park their cars in the church parking lot, open up their trunks decorated and bearing candy, and then the kids go from trunk to trunk...
To the trunks! Game faces on!
OK so after the first stop, she would have been content to just sit down and eat the first one candy she got. I had to coax her to go to the next. What was I thinking! Actually she didn't even end up with that much candy in the end because at each stop she would ever so timidly take just one and move on. Fine with me:) We worked on the saying "thank you" thing too. Most of the time she quietly said it as she was walking away, but one time she actually looked at the lady and said it. Progress, progress...
She decided she just wanted to sit down and eat her candy, right in the middle of the parking exit... which no one was using so it was ok. Love this picture.
How do you get your independent and somewhat strong willed toddler to smile on command? Reverse psychology. "Don't you smile Kate! Is that a smile? Don't smile..."
"Tay!"
My sweet little Bumble Bee has been pollenating the chocolate:)
Baby Harper, my girl Sara, Taylor and us...
Poor little guy got highjacked and turned into a little "baBEE"
Have you ever seen two cuter little bugs frolicking around in their tutus?
Kate is laughing... Goofballs!:)
My precious baBEEs :)
Bauskaaaasss! :)
1 comment:
Soooo cute!
Post a Comment