Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dr Appointment

Kate is about 5 mos old now. She had a Dr. appointment on Monday. They always have me undress her to her diaper. Then they watch her breathe, listen to her heart, measure her head, her height, and her weight. Her stats for this appointment are: height 27 inches 100%; weight 16 lbs. 5 oz. 88%; Head 40.6 cm 75%... She is long and thin. We are going to have to buy a new car seat in a couple of months.

They also have me fill out her mile stones to chart her development. She's doing GREAT!

Dr. Tulip (my pediatrician when I was a kid) comes in and checks everything... reflexes, stomache, eyes, ears, mouth, heart, etc. and answers any questions I may have.

This is after she got her shots. Poor baby:( She crys REALLY loud and then goes silent, and then once she can catch her breath she crys really loud some more... aaaaaawww... Poor baby.

But, by the time we got to the car she was smiling again. It helped that I gave her my keys to play with, even though I KNEW they were all germy... So the next couple of days she had a low fever. I was stressing out because of correlations of immunizations with autism... but I also wondered if she got sick from germs on the keys... Also, I suppose some kids do get sick after they get shots... NE hooo. All is well and back to normal. She's adoralbe, loud, and happy:)

No comments: