Today I asked, "Where's Mommy's baby?" Not sure what she would do, wondering if she might try to point to my tummy... Well, she immediately put her index finger to her chest with a knowing smile that was to die for (aren't they all). I didn't teach her to do that! I guess I need to start saying stuff like "Where's Mommy's big girl?" in light of the baby coming... Oooor, they can both be my baby:)
We haven't made a big deal of trying to get her to know the baby is coming. She is a little young to understand... She started learning body parts some time ago, and would probably be confused to think Mommy's "tummy" is also called a "baby"... So we just leave it at Mommy's tummy:)
On Sunday she fell out of a shopping cart. I'm not responsible for this one. She was at a man store (Home Depot?) with Daddy and was trying to reach something a little too out of reach... Toppled right over the side of the cart, onto her back... No one saw but she cried really loud. Daddy quickly consoled her and took her home. No serious injuries.
I am however the one who was on duty today when she fell down the stairs. I looked over the ledge and got her attention. She was coming up with her bottle in her mouth. Turned around to look at me talking to her. Then I went to do something. She would be up in a bit. I generally don't worry about her on the stairs because she is so awesome at them.
No sooner, I hear a small thud, silence, then crying... At the silence part I realize what must have happened and rushed down to get her. I found her at the bottom of the stairs on her back. Now she has an ouie on her chin, which could also be from when she fell off the step stool at the living room window, also today... Sigh...
Yesterday she WALKED up one flight of stairs holding on to the wall for balance ALL BY HERSELF. She recently also thought she was going to walk down the stairs in my high heels... Even though she was holding my hand I nixed that idea quick. So now I am starting to find cause to worry about her on the stairs again...
No comments:
Post a Comment