Monday, May 12, 2008

8th Grade Track Meet...

A glorious day on the track at Palmer High this past Friday, nostalgically takes me back to the days of high school track and cross country... I love coaching! Track is so chill, and Kate does great on the trips. The jr. highers are alot of fun, if for no other reason than to watch them and crack up... Wow, to think such a short time ago, I used to be one!:) I drive the girl van on road trips. It has been fun getting to know the girls. I think I have 'em talked into going out for basketball next year, hopefully I will be coaching or helping out...
Kate is now drinking water. What fun! I love watching her go for it with such intensity, so funny and cute...
Amanda, Kate, and I... Amanda and I ran together in highschool. Now we both have babies and we don't spend very much time together. I am glad coaching has brought us back together:) Yay for girlfriends!:)
Here is a view of one side of the track... Its brown and ugly right now, but when its all green it is soooooo pretty! Nothing like Alaska! I love this track and cross country course because it is so nice to run on and it is beautiful! Majestic mountains, lush trees of which the cross country course winds through on a soft dirt trail, really nice track, and of course great memmories...mmmm, just want to soak it all in:)
Kate and Gavin (Amanda's baby) playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love wins!