Amanda and I ran cross country and track together in highschool, and NOW we get to coach together! I must say, it feels good to be on the other end of the spectrum!:) Although, as far as being in shape goes, I miss the OTHER end of the spectrum...
Now we are all grown up (HA!), and we are the coaches driving our team to the meets. Yikes!:) This is my view of Amanda in her van, as I PASSED her! Ha! Annnnnd then I had one of my jr. high girls tell me how to get to where we were going... And then Amanda still beat us there, by a hair:) Apparently my jr. high girl took us the long way and we ended up coming down opposite sides of the same street at the same time to enter the school via the "Wrong Way" exit part of the parking lot...

Kate sleeping on the way out.

We had just arrived when they called for the coaches meeting. Around 20 coaches gathered in a group on the track to listen to instructions... Hurry! Getting Kate situated took a little bit. I bundled her up real good and put the wind/rain sheild (that I had bought that morning specifically for the meet) over her stroller to ensure warmth and comfort... Yes, of course I over packed because what if I needed something...
Good thing we have two coaches! Amanda made it down to the meeting first with her big jogging stroller and baby Gavin in tow. But wait it gets better! Here comes the OTHER ACS coach with HER big stroller and baby in tow! What are they thinking!
What fun! So silly:)

So a little confession... We took tons of pictures of us and our babies...uh... and sorta missed seeing some of our runners events... uh... I missed pretty much all of them! Maybe a glimpse here and there... Ooops! We have a meet tomorrow though, so hopefully we will be better coaches:)

Kate in her stroller for the little time she was. She didn't like being in it when she was awake very much. I ended up holding her most of the time, which was fine with me. My little Sweeters!



Our crazy 7th graders! Gotta love 'em!

Finally at McDonalds! Yay!:) It only took a handful of U-turns to get us there. Like I said, If you could be a fly on the wall...
No comments:
Post a Comment