Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eeeww! Poor Baby...

Tonight Kate threw up twice. She had been feeling warm earlier in the day and being mellow and cuddly... The first throw up was her milk and potatoes that she had before bed. It was MESSY. Her first big official throw up ever. I had laid her down as I usually do with her bottle to go to sleep. Sometimes she will finish her bottle and then cry, eventually winding down to sleep. tonight she cried, for awhile. Eventually I went down to give her a tea bottle since it had been so long and she hadn't gone to sleep yet... In her room, "What is that smell?" I looked around the crib to realize "Wow, she puked! A lot!" Poor baby, how long had she been in the puke? Awe, Mommy's sorry! She had it in her hair and all over her clothes, blankets, turtle... The clean-up began...

All clean, put her back down thinking she might keep some tea down, WRONG. I was closer in earshot and paying attention. This one wasn't nearly as bad, annnnd again with the clean up... Unfortunately I only have one crib mattress cover and sheet. Makeshift bedding with blankets is fine, but I will be investing in another cover and sheet soon...

Awe, she was so cute mellow and cuddly. Poor Baby. I felt conflicted because this all happened shortly before it was time to leave for a movie with some girlfriends, which I was really looking forward to all day. I still wanted to go, but I wanted to be here for Kate too... It worked out though, she eventually drifted off to sleep and I went to Midnight Movie Madness with the Mamas, only missing a bit of the beginning, making it home in time to be there for my sweet sick one. Such a fun girlfriend time!:) We saw "New in Town" with Renee Zellwegger and Harry Conick Jr. It was cute and wholesome, PG. We enjoyed it. Go see it:)

I am up way to late... AGAIN...

No comments: